Science: Can meditation reshape our brains? by Sara Lazar
Harvard Neuroscientist Sara Lazar demonstrated that participating in an 8-week mindfulness meditation program appears to make measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, sense of self, empathy and stress.
- Read the Science Daily article, Mindfulness meditation training changes brain structure in eight weeks, 2011
- Abstract: Mindfulness practice leads to increases in regional brain gray matter density, Psychiatry Research, January 30, 2011, Volume 191, Issue 1, Pages 36–43
- Read an interview with Sara Lazar, Meditation not only reduces stress, here’s how it changes your brain, in The Washington Post, 2015
- Watch an excerpt from the Dr Sara Lazar episode of the Conversation Series, 2015:
- Watch a TED Talk by Sara Lazar at TED Cambridge, 2011: