National Union Member of the EBU
Union Bouddhiste de France (UBF)
The Union Bouddhiste de France (UBF), founded in 1986, is a non-profit, apolitical federation. It serves as the link between Buddhist Associations and the French Authorities.
In this respect:
- it brings together Buddhist associations and congregations governed by the laws of 1 July 1901 and 9 December 1905, and their implementing decrees,
- it is the designated interlocutor for public authorities, religious communities, humanitarian and academic bodies and, in general, with any legally constituted national or international organization,
- it works to present Buddhism as one of the great spiritual currents of humanity through the diversity of its traditions,
- it develops exchanges between Buddhist thought and modernity,
- it participates in the integration of Buddhism into French secular society,
- it strengthens the links between the Buddhist associations in France,
- it is an information Centre on Buddhism,
- it protects and defends the values of Buddhism.